Requirements for the short term after the ‘Go Live’ Day
Class teacherPlanned programme of learning and activities which introduce the students to the use of the netbook and use of the online environment, particularly through their Google Apps account.
This should include:
Teachers should understand the school system in place regarding all aspects of payment, especially where it imapcts the classroom. This is also dealt with here.
- Activities to do completely off line on the netbook
- if there are wireless issues
- if the teacher wants to focuss the students on exploring the capability of the netbook
- Activities using their Google Account
- Plan for groups to be online and groups to be offline at the same time - if wireless or internet issues arise
- Plan activities which can be switched quickly to Gedit (text edit programme) if online access fails
- Plans for students who do not own a netbook yet OR who are new to the school and have to wait for the supply to arrive
Teacher must attend cluster Netbook workshops after school twice each term to network with other teachers and share ideas and concerns.
- System in place with the class teacher to offer support as needed, especially in the early days of deployment.
- Have a regular support plan in place for the rest of the year