November 4th, 2010
Combined Boards of Trustee forum
These are the questions asked at the Boards forum:
- Does the wireless internet go to houses that don’t have students at school?
- How do they power (and pay for power) for antennae?
- What if your house is not a Housing NZ house?
- Is it Microsoft or Apple?
- Can it communicate with other platforms?
- Would all boards have the same policies and guidelines?
- Will the lease be with the school or student(family)?
- In terms of theft – are there safeguards?
- Will they be able to use netbooks outside of the Tamaki region?
- How do students not get ID stolen?
- What about batteries and plugs that go easily?
- Will parents be allowed to buy netbooks outright?
- Can you buy a netbook for a parent?
- How will this help students with their learning?
- What do we do with families who refuse to pay?
- Will this netbook be out of date tomorrow?