In Term 4 schools began having meetings with the parents to give them a chance to ask questions about the Netbooks being rolled out in the 2011 pilot.
Here are the questions asked by the parents:
St Pius X School
29 November 2010
31 families represented.
- Is it windows 7?
- Are you able to load software once you own it?
- If you have a wireless connection at home can it recognise that?
- Can you connect it to a wireless network anywhere?
- Can parents get training to use it?
- I am worried about the teacher parent interview – will there be more time made available for interview and will parents have the ability to look at work before the interviews?
- Are you able to track when students log on and off?
- If they lose their password can they still get their work?
- Does every child in a family need a netbook each?
- Will the leavers this year get a netbook?
- Can we buy it outright?
- Is there a contingency plan if the server breaks down?
- In 3 years time – these will be old – will they be no good?
- Will there be a stationery list next year?